8 November 2006

In My Secret Life (Leonard Cohen)

I saw you this morning/You were moving so fast/Can't seem to loosen my grip/On the past/And I miss you so much/There's no one in sight/And we're still making love/In My Secret Life/I smile when I'm angry/I cheat and I lie/I do what I have to do/To get by/But I know what is wrong/And I know what is right/And I'd die for the truth/In My Secret Life/Hold on, hold on, my brother/My sister, hold on tight/I finally got my orders/I'll be marching through the morning/Marching through the night/Moving cross the borders/Of My Secret Life/Looked through the paper/Makes you want to cry/Nobody cares if the people/Live or die/And the dealer wants you thinking/That it's either black or white/Thank G-d it's not that simple/In My Secret Life/I bite my lip/I buy what I'm told:From the latest hit/To the wisdom of old/But I'm always alone/And my heart is like ice/And it's crowded and cold/In My Secret Life.

No comments: