19 August 2011

11 Memorable quotes for

(500) Days of Summer

#1
Tom: People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated.

#2
Tom: It's official. I'm in love with Summer.
Tom: I love her smile. I love her hair. I love her knees. I love how she licks her lips before she talks. I love her heart-shaped birthmark on her neck. I love it when she sleeps.

#3
Rachel Hansen: Just because she likes the same bizzaro crap you do doesn't mean she's your soul mate.

#4
Summer: We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now.
Tom: Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy, seven times with a kitchen knife, I mean we have some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
Summer: No I'm Sid.
Tom: Oh, so I'm Nancy... [Pancakes arrive]
Summer: Let's just eat and we'll talk about it later. Mmm, that is good, I'm really glad we did this. I love these pancakes... what? [Tom gets up and walks away from the table]
Summer: Tom, don't go! You're still my best friend!

#5
Rachel Hansen: Look, I know you think she was the one, but I don't. Now, I think you're just remembering the good stuff. Next time you look back, I, uh, I really think you should look again.

#6
Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.

#7
Summer: I named my cat after Springsteen.
Tom: Cool... what was his name?
Summer: Bruce.

#8
Tom: Look, we don't have to put a label on it. That's fine. I get it. But, you know, I just... I need some consistency.
Summer: I know.
Tom: I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently. Summer: And I can't give you that. Nobody can.

#9
Tom: I love how she makes me feel, like anything's possible, or like life is worth it.

#10
Tom: What happened? Why - why didn't they work out?
Summer: What always happens. Life.

#11
Summer: Summer: We're just friends.
Tom: Tom: No! Don't pull that with me! Kissing in the copy room? Holding hands in IKEA? Shower sex? Come on! Friends my balls!

No comments: